Thursday, October 3, 2013

Update on touch typing

I'm starting to feel more confident about my typing skills even though I still have a lot to practice. English text is no problem to type, thanks to the tutor programs, but typing in hungarian is really hard.

My favorite tutor website, TypingWeb Typing Tutor unfortunately forgot my progress twice by now. I just don't feel like starting again yet, but it is still the best one I've tried yet, I highly recommend it.

For a 10 minute practice, Type Fu is still perfect. Just random words and quotes to practice.

To practice in hungarian I looked for software that allows using custom text files. The winner is Amphetype. Now I can enjoy reading and practice typing at the same time.

About progress:

  • English text: about 40wpm
  • Hungarian text: about 30wpm
  • Coding: slow...