Thursday, September 26, 2013

Today I learned: Mixes Content Blocking

Today I tried working on an almost live site that I built on our development server. On the live server, the embedded google fonts just didn't work. The problem was that on the live server the site is only available through https://, while on the development server it was through http://.

The google font api was called upon like this:
<link href=",latin-ext" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

I had to change the http to https in the href, because modern browsers block mixed active content by deafult.

You can read about it here:

No comments:

Post a Comment