Thursday, September 26, 2013

Forget junk mail: Unroll.me

Recently I started looking for ways to declutter my digital life and optimize my workflow. Lifehacker is a very good source for tips to do this and I read about unroll.me there too.

This service is extremely useful if your gmail inbox is flooded by newsletters, status updates and such. Deleting all the spam and useless junk manually takes a lot of time, but if you provide unroll.me with your gmail access, it will analyze your inbox and provide a list of the source of your email.

You can easily unsubscribe from newsletters, facebook and twitter status updates and such. You can also assign some of these in a daily roll, so you will get only one email containing important updates only.

After applying this service on my private gmail address, the 20-30/daily incoming emails went down to about 4-7 important emails +1 roll of newletter updates.